Captify is the leading Search Intelligence Platform for the open web and the largest independent holder of first-party search data outside of Google, connecting the real-time searches from over 2 billion devices globally. Its Search Intelligence technology powers omnichannel programmatic advertising and real-time insights for the world’s biggest brands, such as Disney, Unilever, eBay, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, Nestlé, GSK, Uber, Mars, P&G, Sony and Toyota—without reliance on third-party cookies. Captify brings brands more customers, publishers greater yield and consumers the most relevant digital experiences.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES:
Here at Captify we are proud of our culture - It’s contagious. Pass it on.
Step inside any of our global offices and one thing that is blissfully obvious is that while we’re putting blood, sweat and tears into disrupting the Search game, we’re having a seriously good time doing it. We’ve travelled the world together, enjoyed Captify Festivals, parties and our famous events across every market. We always take time to stop to celebrate milestones and wins.
We champion diversity and inclusion. Our 'BeTheChange' programme and internal D&I Taskforce brings our teams together to challenge, learn and build a more equal Captify.
We live by our core values:
- Building this together
- Give a shit
- Fail fast to succeed faster
- Unlimited potential
Find out more about our culture here: https://careers.captify.co.uk/
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will be working as part of the Data Infrastructure team, responsible for our transformation to a data mesh architecture. Captify ingests billions of search events every month, and the data infrastructure team allows our product and analytics teams to create value fast through centralised tooling, code patterns and company-wide coaching of best practice. This is an opportunity to innovate and develop a platform stack which enables the amazing work that our product teams do building out our ML, data and application products.
Search on its own is a highly complex data-set. Captify’s technologies have been built to extract maximum value from search for brands, partners and businesses all over the world and also to innovate & improve the consumer experience.
Captify’s world-class engineers, semantic specialists and product teams are building the future of Search and as part of our Engineering Team you will play a key part in developing our offering. We work in small cross-functional teams of developers who focus on a particular product area and we encourage people to rotate across teams. Our product teams are underpinned and enabled by our platform teams with Data Infrastructure key amongst these.
Our company values are important to us and influence how we work together. With exciting projects, technologies and services in the pipeline now is a great time to be part of our journey.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building out and supporting our new data infrastructure
- Be a part of self-organizing, result-oriented agile team
- Working with cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, start-up like environment
- Supporting product teams to have monitoring for performance metrics and overall system behaviour
- Ensuring the quality of the platform you deliver as a part of the team
- Advising product teams how to get the best out of the data infrastructure
What you need to be successful:
- Familiarity with at least one of Scala and Python
- Knowledge of data pipeline technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Flink
- Competence with ML tools such as Spark, MLFlow, SageMaker
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Cloudera, Databricks, Athena
- Facility with SQL, and query performance tuning is desirable
YOU WILL ENJOY
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday + volunteer day
- Regular shut down days, including the festive period
- Access to SPILL - instant therapy support
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Financial wellbeing support
- Work from home and flexible/core working hours
- Work from any Captify office in the world
- Capti-Family Benefits: including Child Nursery Savings
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Legendary Summer and End of Year Festive parties
You are welcome at Captify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what your search history says about you. At Captify, equality is at the core of our culture and we are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. We don’t want you to fit in with our culture, we want you to add to our culture.
For candidates, view our EU HR Candidate Privacy Notice here.