Captify is the leading Search Intelligence Platform for the open web and the largest independent holder of first-party search data outside of Google, connecting the real-time searches from over 2 billion devices globally. Its Search Intelligence technology powers omnichannel programmatic advertising and real-time insights for the world’s biggest brands, such as Disney, Unilever, eBay, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, Nestlé, GSK, Uber, Mars, P&G, Sony and Toyota—without reliance on third-party cookies. Captify brings brands more customers, publishers greater yield and consumers the most relevant digital experiences.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES:
Here at Captify we are proud of our culture - It’s contagious. Pass it on.
Step inside any of our global offices and one thing that is blissfully obvious is that while we’re putting blood, sweat and tears into disrupting the Search game, we’re having a seriously good time doing it. We’ve travelled the world together, enjoyed Captify Festivals, parties and our famous events across every market. We always take time to stop to celebrate milestones and wins.
We champion diversity and inclusion. Our 'BeTheChange' programme and internal D&I Taskforce brings our teams together to challenge, learn and build a more equal Captify.
We live by our core values:
- Building this together
- Give a shit
- Fail fast to succeed faster
- Unlimited potential
Find out more about our culture here: https://careers.captify.co.uk/
Our Engineering team is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer. This exciting position will give you an opportunity to be at the forefront of advertising tech in the cookieless world.
The The ideal candidate possesses a blend of data engineering and data analysis skills, but most importantly likes to solve problems with code, and has a deep passion for digging into data insights / analysis and their applications to real world (advertising) business challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Data Engineering (70%)
Work with SQL, Elasticsearch, write Python APIs and Spark jobs to process and analyse vast amounts of search data i.e. billions of rows
- Co-design, develop, and manage our ETL processes / data pipelines to preserve the robustness and relevance of our data ecosystem
- Collaborate with the Data Infrastructure team to ensure optimal data infrastructure and scalability.
Data Analysis (20%):
- Carrying out exploratory data analysis to uncover actionable insights related to audience’s search intent i.e. demographics, behaviours, and other patterns for the new cookieless advertising world.
- Cleanse data to normalise inconsistencies and inaccuracies, and then systematically preprocess it, ensuring that the resulting dataset stands robust in its accuracy and reliability.
Partner with your Data, ML, and Full Stack engineering teammates (team of 8) to deliver data insights as actionable advertising strategies in our Search Insights platform (SaaS product).
- Work with the Product Manager, and Clients to scope, and plan the roadmap items.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to deliver the items to production.
What Tech We Use:
- Scala / Spark,
- AWS, Terraform
Check out our tech hub for more info https://careers.captify.co.uk/pages/captify-s-engineering-hub
What you need to be successful:
- Strong proficiency with SQL, experience in designing Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) processes, and good understanding of data engineering tools.
- Familiarity in data-centric programming languages and platforms: Python and Spark are essential, experience with Databricks is highly desirable.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with AWS, Terraform, and other DevOps skills are a significant advantage.
- Experience in analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Exceptional communication, team collaboration, and organizational skills.
YOU WILL ENJOY
- Statutory holiday in your location + bank holidays + your birthday + volunteer day
- Regular shut down days, including the festive period
- Access to SPILL - instant therapy support
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Financial wellbeing support
- Flexible/core working hours
- Work from any Captify office in the world
You are welcome at Captify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what your search history says about you. At Captify, equality is at the core of our culture and we are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. We don’t want you to fit in with our culture, we want you to add to our culture.
For candidates, view our EU HR Candidate Privacy Notice here.